AM 100 and CR 10X communication [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Mon Jan 20 13:08:19 PST 2003

<x-flowed>

Greg,

If you can tell me more about the type of data that the AM100 puts out, I
can probably help you.  Is the AM100 putting out straight analog signals or
is it putting out a digital data stream in an RS-232 type format, or
something different?

CR10X's can handle RS-232 type data within some strict limits, but it can
take some tricky programming in the CR10X to parse the data stream.  In any
event, the CR10X needs to be programmed so it knows which inputs to
measure, and how to scale and store the data.

Contact me on or off-list if you want and I'll try to help you further,

John Raynes
Principal Engineer
Raynes Engineering, Inc./RE Solar
Logan, UT