AM 100 and CR 10X communication [RE-wrenches]

Greg Egan gegan at renewalaska.com
Mon Jan 20 13:46:46 PST 2003

Dear Wrenches,

I installed a small grid tie PV system w/ an AM100 monitor and GC 1000
inverter on a school here this summer. The contractor doing the data
acquisition and web stuff got busy with other projects and is just now
trying to finish this up. He's able to download data from all the
instrumentation, except for the AM 100. He's not been able to get it to
communicate with the CR10x datalogger.

I was wondering if anybody out there has a AM100 and a Campbell
Scientific datalogger talking to each other? We're wondering:

- what communications protocol do you use to get the AM100 and the CR
10X to talk to each other?
- do you need to use an RS232 interface device of some kind?

He just needs to get the most current data set to the CR 10. Any light
you can shed on this would be wonderful.

Thank a lot,

Greg
PS- I've already emailed Mark Robertson about this a few days ago. He
hasn't gotten back to me yet -  probably out of town.

--
Greg Egan
Alaska Renewable Energy
Phone: 907-457-4299; Fax: 907-457-4290; Email: gegan at renewalaska.com