RE- 24 volt wind to 12 volt battery [RE-wrenches]

Victor Creazzi aerofirewp at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 10:27:04 PST 2003

Hi Geoff,

 I can't imagine that you got Bergey's blessing for
running the turbine at 12 volts.
 The diversion regulaters will protect the batteries
but there is no current protection for the generator
which will be severely overloaded in high winds. The
windings, diodes, and brushes were sized for 24 volts.
 Open circuting may be OK, as Bergey says it is safe
to run the turbine unloaded, but I'd hate to be near
it in a windstorm.

Best
Victor Creazzi
Aerofire Windpower