panel poaching [RE-wrenches]

keith kcronin at lava.net
Sun Oct 19 12:05:54 PDT 2003

Hello Wrenches

I was completing a 9.3KW system here in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii.
Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago, someone decided to get on the roof of the
Kailua Library and acquire 2 Siemens (shell) SP130's.  I was pissed!  As
irony would have it, this person called the other day asking for a 24
volt- 12 volt converter for a battery?  I said are you sure you have a
24 volt battery and he said "yes" it is on the decal (HMMM?). When I
directed him to the local supplier, it didn't hit me till the next
morning.. I had the revelation that I sent the guy who poached my panels
to the source of the DC-DC converter. AHHH!!  I called my supplier and
told him of my plight.  I asked if someone had called and he said yes. I
told him this guy might breach the door and grab a license plate pic or
CC number. I asked if he gave the make and model of the device (DC-DC
converter), and he said yes. I didn't think this guy would come down to
the local solar supplier and scoop up the converter.  As of this past
week, he hasn't surfaced.  I am pondering that this person might be
"smarter" and be contemplating purchasing the item on the mainland.

I know this is a reach, but if any of you are plugged into your
suppliers and hear of someone from Hawaii buying a unique item like a
DC-DC converter, can you have them contact me.

Or

If you have detective skills, drop me a line!

Thanks for listening and any help

Keith Cronin

President

Island Energy Solutions