Sealed batteries in parallel [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 00:00:40 PDT 2003

Hello to all
I just sold a battery set to a custoemr for UPS back
up on a grid tied system.  The batteries are 1000 amp
hour sealed and connected in parallel 48 volts.  I am
concerned about thermal runaway.

Has anyone tried using diodes in series with the
batteries to prevent reverse flow of one string of
batteries into the other?  My idea would be to use two
charge controllers one for each battery string.
controlling the charge form the 2000 watt solar array.
 Can I still maintain my set of batteries full charged
this way?  Will my inverter be able to hold the
batteries at float charge with the diodes in series?
Can I connect two C40s in parallel to the same solar
collector array?

daryl
circuit into the other

http://shopping.yahoo.com