peerless stove sparkers [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey, Backwoods Solar steve at backwoodssolar.com
Mon Sep 29 19:24:57 PDT 2003

ON PEERLESS STOVE SPARKERS:
We have heard several reports of spark igniters activating spontaneously.
Actually its not spontaneous, it mostly happens when a particular light or
appliance is on with square OR SW sine wave power.  One was started when the
washing machine ran, more recently a particular tube type fluorescent with
magnetic ballast was on.  so I suspect spikes in the power trigger the
sparkers. We cured one with series chokes in the line to the stove,
filtering out spikes. It was by long distance mail order so i have no
oscilloscope readings to offer.  my own peerless stove has never done that.
But then I don't use magnetic ballast lights either, or perhaps it would.
Steve Willey,
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems
steve at backwoodssolar.com

- - - -