SMA EEPROM error [RE-wrenches]

Pat Redgate solarpro at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 12:50:34 PDT 2003

Anybody:

I have been experiencing a number of SB EEPROM errors, both 1800 and 2500.
It is easy enough to reset the inverter, but this can really be inconvenient
when it takes a full day to make a round trip to spend five minutes restarting
the system.  SMA says that they still are working on a fix, and yet apparently
some installers have already received a new chip that will stop the problem,
supposedly.

I have noticed that the error has only (so far) occurred on multiple inverter
installs, and I have never had to reset the same inverter twice.

Has anybody else been having this problem?  Are there any ideas about what is
going on?

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO
Long Beach, CA