Transformers at other voltages and Frequencies [RE-wrenches]

Daryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 4 12:10:32 PDT 2003

Thanks to everyone for prevcious help.
If I first rectify this wind machine, I will have
about 120 volts at 150 amps DC.  For 18 kW max.

Can I use an Outback MX60 or RV Power Porducts charge
controllers in parallel to charge my 48-volt, 2400-Amp
hr battery set?  Each controller can handle a max of 3
kW or 25 amps at 120 volts. I would of course use from
a min of three to max of six controllers.  If I used
three controllers, I would need some way to control
the field to reduce current at the max of 75 amps or 9
kW.

My questions are: 1) I want to use the MX 60 or RV 60
or other product to control the battery charge
coondition and act as a dc to DC (120 to 48
nom.)converter.  I do not want the MPPT function to
try to follow the wind generator. Is this possible.

2) I want the MX60 or RV60 or other product to work in
unison as a single unit.  Not for one to hog the load
and the others to lie back, as happens in one of my
solar control systems.

3) I would like the MX60 or RV60 or other product to
work off a smart shunt, to decide if the batteries are
near full and to replace this charge.  Concern is when
the wind blows hard the controllers think the
batteries are full when they are still charging.  Then
the wind stops and the wind does not blow for a long
time to complete the charge.

Thanks again Daryl
daryl_solar at yahoo.com

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com