Subdivision-Scale PV [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Jul 7 16:57:56 PDT 2003

Sorry--here's the same post, with my off-list e-mail address posted at the
bottom.

Fellow Wrenches:

We have the opportunity to be involved at the design stage in a "green
subdivision" that is happening in western Colorado. The passive solar
architect who has the design contract has asked us to come up with a
proposal to allow a grid-tie PV upgrade as a purchase or retrofit option. I
would think that we would suggest at minimum a pre-installed conduit and
roof standoff package, to be incorporated into the basic construction of
every home. Then adding PV will be easy to sell and install.

Has anyone done this before, who would be willing to share some of their
experience, suggestions, correspondence, etc.? We're much more used to
working with individual homeowners, rather than on this scale.

Please contact me off-list if you are willing to offer assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Allan at Positive E
allan at positiveenergysolar.com

- - - -