Authorized Installer programs [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Mon Apr 21 16:15:31 PDT 2003

Wrenches:

This is an interesting topic for me at the moment.
I don't want to stir up old arguments over certifications NAPCEP, etc.
but I am interested in what I perceive may be a shift in attitudes.
Either there has been a shift or I misinterpreted information in the
past.
This is entirely possible and probably won't be the last time I get it
completely wrong.

When we first started SMA America I thought there was a fair amount of
negative feelings towards certification programs.
As a result we decided not to go with an Authorized Installer program
early on.
Of course it would have been really tough doing it when it was just
Vince and I out of my house ;-).
Once we moved into our new building we became better equipped to do
training seminars and there seems to be a great deal of interest in
training.
Now it seems like we erred in not doing more training sooner.

Sam and I have talked to some of you about what you would like to see in
an Authorized Installer program.
Based on the number of problems we see in the field and some of feedback
from B. Brooks it appears this may be a good idea
First and foremost we want to make sure it is something of value for all
- Manufactures, installers, and distributors alike.
If any of you have opinions about what should be in Authorized Installer
programs or why they are a waste of time we would appreciate some
feedback.
I suggest this be done off line to save bandwidth but perhaps there is a
need for online discussion as well.

For offline communication please send thoughts to
jberdner at sma-america.com or svanderhoof at sma-america.com

If you have any questions or if I may be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.