meet the governor [RE-wrenches]

keith kcronin at lava.net
Wed Apr 16 23:09:39 PDT 2003

Hello

I have the unique opportunity to meet the governor tomorrow with the
Hawaii Solar Energy Association (HSEA).  Glenn Hamer from SEIA, will
also be in town to meet with us as well as extol the virtues of
renewables.  I am the first elected PV guy for the association. Hawaii
has the distinction of being predominantly hot water, weighted in
respect to membership.

Any thoughts on short and sweet poignant words?

I understand throughout the country, it is generally the opposite. Do
any of you have any feedback with meeting highly elected officials and
can offer some subtle sticking points?  I am encouraged to be semi
scripted because the hot water gang is hanging on for dear life here.
They are looking at another 4 year extension to their "temporary"
business models.  I appreciate my daily bread from the electrical
contracting industry, with a strong desire to penetrate the PV market.
The task is daunting here.  Even with high utility rates, people would
just rather write the check every month.  We are eager to see incentives
in Hawaii, waiting with anticipation from our legislature to raise the
$1750 pv tax credit to $5000.  I think for many of the California folks,
(correct me if I am wrong), the incentives really kicked their
businesses into high gear.  I hope the current legislative team can
realize the benefit to the community from a multitude of standpoints:
creating jobs, stabilizing the atmosphere, increasing tax coffers, and
fundamentally changing the habit of our energy consumption for
generations to come.

Diatribe off!

Aloha for now

Everyday is a gift!