Grid-Tied SW output meter [RE-wrenches]

David Henry david at harmonyfarm.com
Wed Mar 12 10:57:35 PST 2003

<x-flowed>
The new CEC guidelines require a "System Performance Meter" for grid
tied systems which receive their final after March 31, 2003. We
occasionally use an SW with back-up batteries to serve a critical
load sub-panel. I think this is how we can meter both the output
going to the critical loads as well as the main panel/grid during
daytime energy production and account for power the inverter will
feed through from the grid at night. One kWh meter on the grid AC IN
1 side of the inverter and another on the AC Out to the critical
loads. Total output equals the total of both of them. The grid power
used for the AC Out loads will be subtracted from the AC In meter
which cancels the amount added to the AC Out meter.

Does this make sense and/or is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,
--
David Henry
Harmony Farm Supply