Update from the PUC hearing [RE-wrenches]

John Berdner jberdner at sma-america.com
Thu Feb 27 16:21:45 PST 2003

Wrenches:

I just received a report from Sam Vanderhoof who represented SMA at the
PUC hearing today.
It did occur today and was not rescheduled as reported.
Perhaps an additional meeting is scheduled for the 13th - Graham can you
clarify ?

Sam said the industry was well represented with about 150 people in the
hearing room.
Exit fees was the first of 15 items on the agenda and after it was
finished Sam said about 75% of the people got up and left.
This did not go unnoticed by the commissioners.
One of the commissioners said she had received over 1000 emails in the
last week and was blown away by the response.
She also said this was not over yet and to keep the emails coming and
she would read them all.

Sam thought the industry did a good job and that the commissioners were
impressed by the level of opposition to exit fees for PV.
Overall he said he was optimistic but cautious that we all should not
lose momentum until this utility sponsored scam is dead and buried.

If you have any questions or if I may be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.