In praise of SMA - again [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Jan 21 18:54:43 PST 2003

We very recently installed an 11.5 kW 3 phase (10 k net) system using Sunny Boy 2500Us, 4 of 'em. The 4th was installed in a manner which creates a non-equal input on one phase, a situation which is allowed by SMA. We were initially freaked-out by the inability of two inverters to stay connected to the grid. The other two worked fine.

After spending a nerve-wracking night imagining all sorts of potential problems, I called SMA and was surprised to learn that the four we had installed had somehow escaped the required retro-fitting of the current firmware! Egads. Wishful thinking I morbidly thought.

We received the replacement parts immediately - no arguing or excuses at all - did the change, and the system works like crazy. Perfect in all regards!

Our thanks to John and crew for the great service and valuable support.

Matt T

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com