NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

David Blecker blecker at seventhgenergy.org
Wed Dec 25 19:33:57 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
Kurt,

Bravo for cheerring on the cheeseheads.  One point though.

Its not the utilities paying the bill....its the ratepayers.  There's a
surcharge on all of our bills that's collected by the utilities and then
transferred to the state to fund the Focus on Energy program.  This may be
the one saving grace as the state tries to fix its growing budget
deficit.  There are no savings to be had by cutting the program since its
our dang money keeping this thing going.  The thing that still gets my goat
is that the non-particpating co-ops and munis still collect the funds from
their members but in some cases I've heard about, won't provide a$$istance
to their members for RE and EE initiatives.  Grrrr.

Dave

At 07:21 PM 12/25/2002, sunwise wrote:

>Here in Wisconsin, State incentives are offered to both on and off-grid
>customers.
>
>This program is not funded by State taxes, but rather the utilities.
>All of the major utilities governed by the PSC are in the program and
>some of the co-ops and such have bought into the program as well.  If
>you visit the web page, the eligibility tool is designed so that if a
>person gets their electricity from a non-participating utility, but gets
>their natural gas from a utility that does participate, the home owner
>can not receive incentives for PV and wind (electricity), but can on
>SDHW (thermal/gas).  If their electricity is provided by a utility that
>participates, they are in for any of the technologies that receive
>incentives (SDHW, Wind, PV).
>

>Kurt Nelson
>SOLutions

David Blecker, P.E., Director