Smoke Detectors [RE-wrenches]

Frank Fowler, Crystal Pines Alt. Energy frank at solarenergy-alt.com
Sun Dec 8 19:27:29 PST 2002

My understanding, at least in my county is, that if we replace AC with
lithium battery powered and the house catches on fire and the insurance
company finds out,,,, well you get the picture. No payout on the premium.
Plus our county will not authorize the use of DC powered detectors even
though they are listed and approved by just about everyone! My experience
with DR is that they will FRY the detectors. To make a long story short, we
live with the ghost load.
SUNcerely,
Frank Fowler
Crystal Pines Alternative Energy
4408 Pine Cluster Ln. Yankee Hill, CA. 95965
530-532-1972
www.solarenergy-alt.com
cpae1 at direcway.com