36v charge controller [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Wed Dec 4 02:58:44 PST 2002

Hello Eric!

Been working on what I call the Model T electrolyzer for some time now.
I have several different versions that I work with including some old
commercial GE units and some alkaline/PEM versions.
Right now I am working on getting the assembly time and component cost
down for a 5-7 litre/min unit to simply use as a dump load.
Trying for at least 100-120 bar but seals and electrode to membrane
contact pressure sure is an issue.

Hopefully something commercial can come from this work but money is
always an issue.

Later
Larry Elliott

BTW I see your address is Burnaby.
>From what I heard from some industry leaders at a fuel cell seminar in
Palm Springs I just attended ,Ballard as well as others would have been
smart to have initiated a PEM electrolyzer industry along with the fuel
cells.They see very few options other than this to incorporate
renewables and hydrogen in the overall energy scheme.