NABCEP & Training [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Nov 26 09:17:08 PST 2002

Bob-O,

I guess you've finally said it in a way that makes it (virtually) impossible
to argue with. So, O.K., I see the Union's position in the great debate as
being a lot like M.D.s practicing acupuncture in California; they are
licensed to practice needling after a very brief "training" course, whereas
a practitioner trained exclusively in acupuncture has to take thousands of
hours of training in the subject. The M.D.s, with a few noteworthy
exceptions, don't even come close to grasping the essence of  this
discipline, yet, because of their strangle-hold, they are allowed to
practice - no questions asked. Their quality of work is generally very poor
because they don't really understand what it is they're doing.

I think that being a licensed electrician should get you to the same place
in our trade as anyone else; to the starting point. After that, it should be
a completely separate, autonomous discipline. (As W. Miller would say -
flame shields up!)

Matt