MX 60 Temp Comp Probes [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Mon Nov 25 22:18:39 PST 2002

> Do I need to order Temp Comp Probes, or
> do they come with the charge controller?

They are an option on the MX60 controller and for the FX2000 inverter.
It is not required in some installations (such as Hawaii) and we also
have a method we are working on where multiple temp sensors are not
required for each product.  Currently, however, one battery temp sensor
is required for each of the OutBack products. If you temp comp one part
of a system you need to temp comp all parts (in my opinion).

Our sensor is not the same as the one used by Trace.  It uses a 10K
thermistor instead of the former's 100K (which is hard to get and not as
accurate usually).  It is also better because the wire is green and not
yellow...

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com