NABCEP & Training [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Mon Nov 25 22:17:24 PST 2002

Jeff,

The reason electricians go through 5 years of apprenticeship training is
that they should know how to size wires. I tell my students in my PV
installation class that they HAVE to know how to size wires for voltage drop
and ampacity because designers routinely make mistakes or plan for designs
to be implemented one way and they get implemented another.

Take a look at the NABCEP task analysis--it gets into a lot of detail that
is design-related, without being engineering. This certification is not for
a screw driver turner, it is for the crew chief that has to know their
stuff.

Bill.