Ground fault [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Fri Nov 15 09:38:58 PST 2002

Even if the + input and + output have over current protection, 40 to 50 amps of
current will still be allowed to flow and at 24 volts that is like 1200 watts,
so plenty capable of starting a fire.

I like the idea of using plywood with a nonconductive, fireproof material over
the top like 5/8 drywall for mounting. I would bet that would provide adequate
fire rating to the plywood plus be much easier to work with and IMO safer than
a sheet metal conductor. Greenboard would also provide moisture resistance.

Todd

matthew tritt wrote:

> WM
>
> Wouldn't the protection of + and - circuits by breakers  and/or fuses
> prevent this sort of problem? Why shouldn't both be protected in a
> battery-based system?
> Matt
> Message -----

- - - -