Ground fault [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 14 09:20:40 PST 2002

"There must have been a lot of current going though that CC.  I didn't
know the RV products would allow reverse current flow.  Wasn't there a
fuse or DC rated breaker between the CC and the battery? "

Williams,
I second this.  We always place a fuse or circuit breaker on BOTH sides of
each charge controller, which are sized for the maximum rating of the
device.  This not only makes it easy to remove power from both directions
for servicing, but also would prevent the "melt down" you experienced.

Did you have fuses or circuit breakers.  They are not shown on you drawings.
Thanks for the photos and putting this out for everyone to see and learn
from.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com