Poor Man's DC Amp Clamp [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Fri Nov 1 11:55:17 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
Wrenches and other cheapskates,

I just bought a CRAFTSMAN 82062 DC/AC Clamp Meter. It's only $50 list price!

Not only that, it seems to works fine. OK, it ain't true-RMS, and it
has a data-hold button but not a max-hold, but it's cheap and
pocket-size and has a push-button zero. It has a nice slender clamp
that can get into more crowded boxes. It's good to 400A.

Mine is accurate.

So maybe you can bounce it around in your truck for 10 years like a
Fluke, but I want something I can recommend to pump owners and
installers to help with troubleshooting.

Yes, it also reads volts and continuity.

Oops, the knob pulls off easily, so glue it on.

If any of you cheapskates pick up one of these gems ala Sears, please
report back with yay or nay.

Currently yours,

Windy

- - - -