copper leaching in solar thermal system [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Oct 22 11:55:25 PDT 2002

Graham,

As luck would have it, this isn't my system, it's Todd Cory's at Mt. Shasta
Energy. Between all of us that have responded to Todd's question, virtually
all the points you mention have been touched on, but I am in the camp of
stray electrical current of some kind, and poor grounding. This kind of
problem is often really tricky to pin down. He did use prop. glycol, not
automotive anti-freeze, and says that the TDS is way down.

This type of problem is why I prefer the Heliodyne system with PV-direct
circ pump. Burying pipes though is something to avoid, no?

Matt