Uni-Solar laminates [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Tue Oct 15 18:52:49 PDT 2002

Marco,
   We just finished applying 10 PVL 128's (our first laminate job) today
initially under bright sun (warm roof) and had to install in place on the
roof as the roofer wouldn't wait the 9 weeks it took to get the panels.  It
actually went very well with no problems... just a single ladder in the next
pan and one person at the top and one at the bottom of the laminate.  The
backing material is great to work with... very thin and strong and we were
able to tack down the top six inches or so and then, with the whole sheet
flat on the metal and in place, pull the backing sheet out from under by
pulling down and outward to one side and they all lined up perfectly.  I have
to say, though, that we had 21" panels so we lots of leeway.  They all lined
up perfectly to small sharpie marks we put on the pan for alignment.  Toward
the end, the sun was behind some trees and it was getting cold.  The
tackyness (sp?) definitely was reduced when they were cooler.  I was worrying
so much about applying them in place on the roof that I was hesitant to start
but fortunately, the fears were groundless.

John
CVSolar

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm