Ungrounded Systems (was 600 VDC switches) [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Oct 11 16:25:49 PDT 2002

Allan,

This should make life interesting. The part about "lower voltage battery
systems" being excluded from this
provision because the components available in the US for those voltages are
designed to be grounded seems, on the face, ludicrous. The components are
designed that way to meet the requirements of the NEC and UL in the first
place! What about the equipment made for a similar purpose in Europe? Do we
get to use it now because it was never intended to be grounded? If Outback,
Trace and others were to produce
components not designed to be grounded, would they then be acceptable to the
NEC?

Another day, another set of rules.

Matt