Quandry still [RE-wrenches]

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Thu Oct 10 06:42:32 PDT 2002

I respect the guy making a go of RE on a limited budget, but helping him
with his crappy system is not so much a liability concern for me as it is a
business desicion. Where is my time and energy is best spent as it relates
to profitability and therefore viability of the business? In the early days
I didn't say no to anyone, but I can't do that anymore. Like a doctor, many
of us are "on-call" to hundreds of people already. A customer with a $1K
system will require as much time spent in support as a customer with a $20K
system. I prefer to refer the smallest jobs and repairs to wrenches with
less time in the business(if I know they're competent). It's how most of us
started out and a good learning experience.

Kirk