SW transfer relay [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Thu Oct 3 07:23:58 PDT 2002

John:

I believe this is a bug in the software.  There is a firmware upgrade that
is supposed to fix this.

Below the line is the "party line" on this problem:

William Miller

____________________________________

Hi All,

The error messages you are referring to sometimes occur in early GTI
enabled SW inverters. Thanks to good reporting from the field, our tech
support crew was able to help engineering duplicate the problem
in-house.

As of Rev 4.2 (the GTI enabled version of the SW shipped since Dec ’01)
a compatibility issue with some generators has been reported. The
symptom is nuisance inverter shut down/generator disconnect.

We introduced a software improvement that eliminates this issue in
production SW units earlier this summer. As of today, less than 15
confirmed cases of this problem have been reported by customers/dealers.
We have a chip set upgrade that can be field installed for
customers/dealers who experience this issue.

Because of the different products and revisions used, the words "SW
Series" were added after Revision 4.2 to help identify the product and
can also be used to help determine if you have the latest revision of
the SW inverter.

As the same symptoms can be caused by several system, set-up or
programming issues, we request that anyone who suspects they are
experiencing this issue contact our tech support team for a diagnosis,
it is most commonly something else, more easily addressed with menu
settings. If the problem is confirmed we will supply a free chip upgrade
to fix it.

Xantrex Certified Dealers may, as usual, use their priority Tech Support
number to get these chip sets where required.

Best,

Pagan

Pagan MacKay
Manager, Dealer Relations
Xantrex Technology Inc.
Email: pagan.mackay at xantrex.com
Website: www.xantrexREdealer.com
t: 360/435.8826 ext 4070
f: 360/435.0926

At 06:44 AM 10/3/02 EDT, you wrote:
>Wrenches,
>   My customer has reported numerous episodes of his SW4024 shutting down
>with "input relay error" light.  He has to go out to his power shed and turn
>
>John Blittersdorf
>Central Vermont Solar and Wind

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
http://millerpowerandcomm.com
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
                                    H. L. Mencken

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com