Audible alarm for blind person [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Wed Oct 2 09:38:27 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
>Solar Converters Inc. sells them.
>--- "Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection" <econnect at snowcrest.net> wrote:
>  a simple switch (anyone making them these days?

Right -- Simple Switch was a trade name for a voltage-controlled
relay made by Photron, now out of biz.

We have sold the Voltage Controlled Relay made by Solar Converters
for numerous applications, and it's excellent. You can preset the
on/off setpoints very precisely. Its output is double-throw switch
contacts that can be used to do anything you want.

For this application, it's a little weak because it's only an
all-or-nothing alarm. That's why I suggested something that indicates
proportionally, at least to the voltage (if indication of the
amp-hour state of charge is not feasible).

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm