J.Berdner, white courtesy telephone, please [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Tue Oct 1 22:29:43 PDT 2002

Colleagues:

The replacement inverter is in and I'll let you know if any more fuses
blow.  I would like to stress that of the 20 or so SBs I've installed, only
one other one has failed.  SMA had a replacement there before we could
blink.  I'm not particularly worried about this.

My original complaint is that the power line delivered data monitor was not
available.  I might have misunderstood an earlier private e-mail exchange
with John Berdner.  Yesterday, John promised to send me, at no charge for
an indeterminate evaluation period, the parts to connect this monitor.
I'll let you know how it works out.

So far, I am a happy SMA customer.

William

At 06:59 PM 10/1/02 -1000, you wrote:
>JB,
>Any ideas about what would cause the AC fuse to blow twice?
>
>marco
>
>	Marco:
>
>	Don't know why the AC fuse blew the first time, but the second time I
>	suspect a major voltage surge on the grid.  I noticed equipment resetting
>	at my shop 6-8 miles away.  One side of the fuse holder clip had heat
>	damage.  Array is 24 SR100 modules.
>
>	William
>

>	At 09:19 AM 10/1/02 -1000, you wrote:
>	>William,
>	>
>	>Did you figure out why the AC fuse on the SB had blown?  What is the array
>	size feeding into the inverter?
>	>
>	>marco

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com