It's payback time again [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Oct 1 21:55:27 PDT 2002

On the other hand, 4.5 million would pay for 3  X 1.5 mW wind turbines for
4.5 megaWatts of rated capacity. Since there are numerous parts of the bay
area with very good wind regimes, this would seem to be a much wiser form of
investment for the city, and these turbines require about 200 sq ft. of
ground including foundation. Do the calcs on that. The cost of a modern,
large scale turbine, installed, is about $1.00 per Watt. (Zond 1.5 meg). You
could even put them in the bay.

Matt