It's payback time again [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 1 20:26:46 PDT 2002

Graham,
1. $4 million for 740 kW...yeah sure.
2. $4 million at 5% for 20 years = $6.42 million. Forget the PV. I'll take
the interest. Pete Seeger sang about "the banks made out of marble with a
guard at every door." Marble is cheaper than silicon cells. I think I'm in
the wrong business :-)
3. But the author does have a point about the $/kwh. 740 kW x 4.5 sun hours
x 30 days = ~$14k.
4. If I gave a damn, I would make a note to contact Tom Standing (who is
he?) in 5 years and hear him sing a different tune when electricity is not
$0.14/kWh.
5. I prefer the Northern California Solar Energy Association's article about
payback at http://www.norcalsolar.org/payback/
Hang in there buddy,
Joel Davidson

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com