DC sub pumps [RE-wrenches]

starpower4u at juno.com starpower4u at juno.com
Thu Sep 26 16:06:20 PDT 2002

I've been using ShurFlo 9300 pumps for 5-6 years now in my own well. I've always had an hour meter on them. Yes, them. I have 3 now. 2 to rotate and one that is total toast. I avg. a 150' lift and get about 1.5 gpm at 30 Vdc. Diaphragms fail at about 3000 hrs. so I replace at 2000 hr. before it fails and screws up everything. I get very close to 5000 hr. out of the brushes. My lunch money is on the brush failure, although the elec. connector is prone to problems as well. I've finally had it w/pulling these damn things it is ALWAYS bad timing. The time before the last failure was the day before my back surgery! That really did me in, in every way you can think of. It was then that I decided to go for quality and accept how old I'm getting. So I got a battery direct ETA and put it on the kitchen floor waiting for me to get to it. As you guessed the ShurFlo took a dive and forced me to get the ETA installed ASAP (no water is a very powerful motivator!) It's been in about a week, so no long term to report...

Very easy install, though the controller could be better designed by allowing supply power switching (if power is disrupted, you must manually reset, a dumb design and a real inconvenience) and the remote control is "reverse logic" in other words open contacts turn on the pump. Another dumb idea but you can work with it. Overall, the controller and pump has the looks and feel of quality stuff, time (and this list!) will tell.

Of yeah, the final ShurFlo failed at the electrical connector, still moving a bit of water (not enough) and badly corroded.

-jeff

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

- - - -