DC sub pumps [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Thu Sep 26 14:03:21 PDT 2002

Eric,
Shurflo pumps are adequate for many jobs. Nothing special, but they're
cheap, reasonably reliable, cheap, relatively easy to fix, and relatively
cheap. I have gained a grudging respect for them over the years. We keep a
few spare parts on hand, and in-shop rebuilds take about an hour and always
seem to work. You don't have to replace the whole pump in most cases--this
may prove different. They have proven as reliable as some pumps costing 3
times as much. But we expect much more reliability out of the expensive
pumps.
Allan at Positive Energy