600 VDC switches [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Mon Sep 23 09:31:30 PDT 2002

Jay,

If the conduit is metal and is clearly visible, it should be allowed without
a disconnect until it gets down to the inverter. A rooftop disconnect does
have the benefit of a clearance point within view of the worker during
maintenance.

How many installers properly apply lock-out, tag-out procedures. I'm sure
some do, but many do not. The threat of someone energizing a circuit when
someone is working on a roof is real--but that opens a whole other can of
worms about worker safety that I don't want to jump into in this thread.

Bill.