Hornet Wind Machines [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Sun Sep 22 14:35:08 PDT 2002

Nick.

Not to be rude, but....... This is not a serious wind turbine design. Check out the operating rev's and you will see what I mean. They turn so fast that the audible noise level is sure to be off the map, and the susceptibility to imbalance problems acute.

We messed with this kind of idea back in '80 as a possible way of producing an inexpensive turbine. These are stepped-up alternator drives as the alternator needs to turn up in the 1,000s of RPM's to put out anything meaningful.

They are CHEAP! But, do want good, or do you want cheap? Your reputation is only as good as the products you sell.

I do NOT have firsthand experience with the  Hornet, but you don't need to hit yourself with a hammer to know it's gonna hurt. What kind of noise does a hornet make?

Matt