Can this happen???? [RE-wrenches]

Holt Kelly hkelly6 at msn.com
Tue Aug 27 08:34:13 PDT 2002

Below is reply from Windy.

Holt,

Dead battery bank to have sudden voltage drop? - Sure! Sudden current
spike? -- I don't know how a current spike can occur through a
resistance without there being a voltage spike to drive it.

The SunRise pump does have a 10K ohm resistor across its brush
connections. Its (only) purpose is to facilitate troubleshooting so
you can distinguish between a broken wire somewhere, and broken brush
connection. If the whole circuit is intact except for the brush
connection, you read right around 10K on your ohm meter.

It would take a substantially high voltage spike to blow that
resistor, and we have NEVER seen that happen.

You say the meter reads NO continuity. If the circuit is open (>10K),
you need to consider any possible break in the pump cable circuit
(including splice) or within the pump (not likely with a new pump).

If you want to be more specific on this, you might be best to take it
up with Tim Vaughn here, as he is now handling tech support.

Windy Dankoff
Dankoff Solar Products

Holt E. Kelly
Holtek Fireplace & Solar Products