DC-GFP/2 protection [RE-wrenches]

John Mottl solar at rockisland.com
Sat Aug 24 17:05:18 PDT 2002

Hi Drake,
There is another issue. Some of the Array style GFPs that many manufacturers
are considering building are switch only on the array poles. They are rated
for 60 or 100 amps max as a switch but may not have a trip coil in them. If
you are considering (risking) eliminating an array disconnect you should
verify that the array GFP you are using does in fact function as a breaker
and not just a switch.
JM