DC-GFP/2 protection [RE-wrenches]

Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Thu Aug 22 10:15:27 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
You Wrote:

"How is the "system" becoming ungrounded when
you disconnect the array? "

I also can't see how the grounding would be affected by using the GFP/2 as
an array disconnect.   Looking at the Outback schematic, the array negative
goes to the negative bus, which connects to the batteries.  If the negative
bus is properly grounded, the array negative will remain grounded as well.

I also don't see the need for the ground fault protection, especially the
way it is set up.  It seems to fulfill a code requirement, without giving a
substantial increase in safety.

May be I'm missing something?

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com