DC-GFP/2 protection [RE-wrenches]

Nick Houser offgrid at prcn.org
Sat Aug 24 13:07:14 PDT 2002

Todd and Rob, et all-----------This is such a critical issue--is there any
way we can determine the bottom line and lay it to rest, or is it going to
be just another unanswerable grounding conundrum? Most of the electronics
damage around here (vicious lightning territory) seems to involve induction
in buried conductors. Since all my systems are offgrid, at least I can
eliminate surges on utility lines. After years of study and conjecture, this
discussion only serves to make me more unsure of the proper procedure. In
Canada, we are not required by code to ground  the DC
Negative--STILL!!!!!!!!!!Help! If there was ever a great subject for a
Homepower article, this it it!   Nick Houser,  Off Grid Power

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com