AES GC-1000 (was MM500) [RE-wrenches]

EH Roy ehroy at solar-works.com
Wed Aug 21 11:34:51 PDT 2002

Wrenches,

We have quite a number of GC-1000s installed and have found it to be a
reliable device. We routinely install it with the AM-100 monitor (one
monitor will handle several inverters). We have found it especially useful
for schools and other venues where the data collection and download
capability adds a lot of value. Sure, we have had a few failures, but not
unreasonable and we have had good service from Advanced Energy. The only
drawback is that for larger arrays, the cost of multiple inverters doesn't
compare well with the cost of a single larger inverter. We continue to
install them regularly.

E. H. Roy
Solar Works, Inc.
64 Main Street