ETA Pumps (RE Wrenches) [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Sun Aug 18 20:33:49 PDT 2002

>Have you ever actually been compensated for time and mileage related to
>equipment snafus? I haven't ever in 20 + years in this business!
>
>Matt

Hi All;

Yes, I have been compensated for all my extra time dealing with a "not
ready for prime time product" one time. Two Seas racks actually reimbursed
me with a second rack, after I spent an extra half day trying to make a top
of pole unit hold its own weight without bowing. (Nice folks there and we
worked the bugs out too)

I'm about to take the plunge and try an ETA pump with 24 vdc to 48vdc
converter on a 24 vdc battery set. I'm going to try it pressure tank direct
from 350 ft water depth and skip the Giardia prone cistern and 2nd pressure
pump arrangement of the past. I have personally eaten weeks of time dealing
with a true "not ready for prime time" product - the Sunrise submersible.
Dankoff was fair with replacement parts, but compensation for Beta testing
their stuff?

I guess I've seen so many solar pump failures and I've seen such a world
wide need for clean water that I'm ready to go another round with yet
another one. (at least you'd think Windy'd give me a break on one to help
get all of you back on the "Bus" too)

Solar Pump Installer = Glutton for punishment

Here we go again, Please somebody stop me: Bob-o? Travis? Allan? Anybody?

Solar Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm