American energy use [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at jps.net
Thu Jul 25 18:54:42 PDT 2002

Some of us don't have the necessary dual register metering on the SW's bi
directional AC-1 input, so it is difficult to know for sure.

(1) I estimate our average year round consumption is around 160 kWh a month
(2) 1.4 kWp tracked array, SB50 MPPT, SW4024
(3) the PV system covers 99% of our usage (including the 4024's inefficiency
and constant battery float charge waste).

Todd

Doug Pratt wrote:

> Could you all please take a quick moment to
> post your (1) average monthly electric consumption and (2) your RE
> system
> and (3) the RE monthly contribution.
>
> Good challenge Joel!
>
> For my modest, *air-conditioned* on-grid home, 5-yr average '96 thru
> '00, which has a very modest 400-watt intertie system consisting of: 4
> used hurricane-whipped Siemens PC-4JF (75-watt) modules on an AES MI-250
> inverter, plus 1 Solec 110-watt on a Trace Micro-Sine 130 (yep,
> 130...1st generation product).
>
> (1) 251kWh/mo.
> (2) described above
> (3) ~30kWh/mo.
>
> ...my average since Sept.'01 when Real Goods tech department moved to
> Hopland, and my EV-driven commute went from less than 2 miles to about
> 38 miles per day:
>
> (1) 434kWh/mo.
> (still cheaper than gas...at $1.30/gal I'd need to get 48 mpg to break
> even,  gas ain't that cheap, and even my "other" car, the Prius hybrid
> doesn't average mileage quite that good.)
>
> Cheers,
> Doug Pratt

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com