Desulpator success story? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Jul 23 20:14:38 PDT 2002

That's a good point Doug, and (gulp) to be honest one that I hadn't thought
of.  Dang, a guy from Real Goods might actually be on the ball.

These aren't the only batteries I have revived with these desulphators.
Thinking back,  all of the batteries that I've saved probably had died from
being ignored not abused, which does go along with you said.

(http://www.elec-trak.org/) is the web site for Elec-Traks.  They have a
classified section which frequently has tractors for sales.  You can also
sign up on a list serve at (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/elec-trak/).  A
few of these folks watch E-Bay like hawks and will post to the group when
one comes up for sale.  One might show up your area.  Or you can wait for a
buddy to call you up one day and tell you to come get his or he'll put in a
garage sale if you don't want it, like I did.  And yes, I had wanted one for
years as well.

Travis
----------
>From: Doug Pratt <dpratt at pacific.net>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: RE: Desulpator success story? [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Tue, Jul 23, 2002, 4:48 PM
>

>Oh man...! He *gave* you an Electrak with all the accessories? I've
>lusted after one of these sweeties for years. So far, no luck. (Anybody
>got one they want to be rid of? Contact me off list please.)
>
>This is an example of what desulphators are best at...reviving batteries
>that have simply been sitting without any use for long periods. They
>won't help when the batteries are simply worn out with all the lead
>flaked off and laying on the bottom of the cell, but they're great for
>knocking off heavy sulphation. You'll probably get a good 6 to 12 months
>use out of these batteries (you lucky dog).
>
>Cheers,
>Doug Pratt

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com