Hypalon Cable [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters remotech at taosnm.com
Mon Jul 22 22:17:01 PDT 2002

>I'm with Drake on this issue. Welding cable is available locally, it's a
little less expensive and it has proven it's durability in thousands of
installations, over many years. This all seems to be a battle over the
"LAW". You can still get busted for ignoring a law, no matter how
non-sensical or dumb it is, so change the law.

>Matt Tritt

I just use a different certification from a group with decades more
experience than the NEC on battery based DC systems: the Society of
Automotive Engineers. There are literally tens of millions of successful
systems some dating back almost 100 years. When the folks at the NEC had
questions about low voltage DC systems, they should have opened the hood on
their cars (or talked to an engineer with experience in the feild of
question). What about the Interational Electrotechnical Commision (IEC)?
They actually tested batteries. Did the NEC ever bother to talk to them?
Instead they literally tried to reinvent the wheel....and it came out
square.
Del City Wire has good prices on SAE stamped Battery Cable, not Locomotive
cable, not elevator cable, but Battery cable. You use it for
interconnecting another non NEC, non UL approved product: Batteries.
Thank God I can still design my systems to a higher standard than is being
allowed elsewhere. UL can take their 30 cent "listed" receptacles that
crack the first time you plug something in and ....... (How are those going
to last TWENTY years?....is that little UL sticker going to somehow ward
off evil and keep my kids from getting electricuted?)  Wasn't it the NEC
that approved all that aluminum wiring in houses that caused so many fires?
They're the authors of our Defacto Bible? Ohh I'm gonna go cook some
Biodiesel..

Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com