Wildfire residue (was contrails) [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Thu Jul 11 17:41:42 PDT 2002

Paul wrote:

> The fires in Arizona cut my PV production nearly in half.

Wrenches:

We've had similiar experiences here (with crystalline arrays in particular)
but, once the sky cleared, the amount of ash on the glass was incredible.  I
personally went out to several customers' houses and washed 'em down a
couple of years ago following a large fire in the area.  No charge.  (I
didn't work for the benevolent Mother SMUD at the time either....)

Just wanted to pass this along to those of you who may get some "my system
doesn't put out like it used to" calls in the areas affected by heavy smoke.

On a personal, non-Wrench topic.....My thoughts are with those of you
affected by the big wildfires and little ones too, for that matter.
<Heartfelt Hug>

Pray for Sun!

-Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com