a smorgasbord of wind gennys [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Tue Jul 9 17:01:46 PDT 2002

As soon as I saw the part about the roof mounting, I knew Ian couldn't
resist jumping in there. Ian, you and Paul Gipe have already heard this
one...this is for the rest of the folks.
1- Only install a wind generator on your roof if you like the sound of
"free" energy coursing through your home's framing members.
2- Having a roof mounted Air 303 is a wonderful way to strip those pesky
excess shingles from your roof....especially during a winter storm. Great
entertainment for the entire family too!
3- And finally....(keeping in mind those handy formulas regarding swept
area and the turbine output being related to the cube of the wind
speed)....once you've finally worked your way up to the ideal sized turbine
on your roof, one that actually produces useable output, you likely no
longer have a roof. (Hear that, Windtree folks??)
Thanks for letting me digress....
Roy Butler
Four Winds Renewable Energy
Arkport, NY (Where only the toughest wind gennies survive!)

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com