Warranty transfer [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Tue Jul 2 17:02:45 PDT 2002

Frank:

The Interconnection & Net Metering Agreements must be looked at.  I think
you're in PG&E territory, right?  It is the Customer's responsibility to
complete these documents and get them into the right places.  I would
suggest that you let your Customer know so they can get the forms ready for
a potential buyer, give them to their Realtor or, if FSBO, directly to the
new buyer.

There have been a few recent incidences nearby that have resulted in
Customers being threatened with having their power turned off by Grid Cops
when paperwork hasn't been completed or it hasn't been filed correctly or it
has been lost, etc.

PG&E has ended up apologizing for this treatment and has been very quick to
make things right.....but, things do fall through the cracks and it would
really suck for this new owner if they were really looking forward to seeing
a meter run backward but PG&E took the darned thing.

On a positive note, my conversation with PG&E last week revealed that they
have had a tremendous increase in the number of systems coming on-line.  WAY
TO GO NORCAL WRENCHES!

Pray for Sun!

-Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com

Frank asks:

> I have a customer who had us install a CEC rebate type system last year.
He
> is now selling his home, and is wondering if the 5-year warranty will pass
> along to the new owner. Anyone have any experience with this?

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com