RV panel installation WAS: $5500.00 Puzzle [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Tue Jul 2 16:47:16 PDT 2002

Bill and Holt,

Thanks for the great RV roof mounting advice.  I wanted this RV Kit to
be installed "by the book", meaning the instruction manual that came
with the Shell RV Kit.  I called Shell and mentioned that they should
include 2 ring terminals for making the battery connections with their
RV kit's.  This could save the purchaser considerable time trying to
find a good means of connecting to the battery's. Luckily my work van is
fully stocked with lot's of parts.

The customers is a wood worker and he made the wooded extension box so
that the controller did not have to be flush mounted.  An inexpensive
box would also be a nice addition to the kit's.

The battery compartment accessible from the exterior of the camper was
only large enough for two batteries.  My crafty customer converted a
small cupboard inside the camper into a battery compartment, complete
with restraints.  This was luckily located directly behind the existing
batteries.  I took some digital pictures of the batteries but they came
out too dark to put on the web site.

I didn’t think this system was large enough to help with Holt Kelly's
requirements, only that it may be interesting.  By the way, Holt, I have
some good pictures of the Watt-Sun tracker with the SP75's we installed
together a few years ago in New York.  I can burn you a disk?

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm