Power Point Tracking Controllers [RE-wrenches]

Steve Bell, Sunwize Technologies sebpv at stelle.net
Fri Jun 14 09:04:03 PDT 2002

Hi Jeff,
I have been running a grid-tied (sell-back) SW/battery system using a Solar
Boost 3048 controller. It has been working fine for several years now. I
typically see a 20%-30% increase in input amps during the cooler months and
a 5% to 10% increase during the summer months. I have SB3048 set in Bulk at
56 volts, the SW is set to Sell at 53.6 volts. The PV array wired for a
nominal 48-volts. I'm located in Stelle, IL (about 90 miles south of
Chicago).

What MPPT controller were you using and why did they have you increase the
nominal array voltage?

Sincerely,
Steve Bell
SunWize Technologies